I bet you were dying to know how new clothes make their way into our store.
Here’s the 411: We receive inventory shipments at least once a week. Sometimes we receive two boxes and other times we receive 50 boxes.
Each box contains a myriad of inventory. There could be t-shirts mixed in with scarves and jewelry. Or, there could be sweaters mixed in with shoes and coats.
It’s always fun to open the boxes to see what goodies have arrived that week. The best part is that if I see something I like and want to buy, I can try it on and purchase it before it even hits the sales floor!!
Every single garment is placed in plastic wrapping and perfectly folded with the price tag already attached. It is our job to remove the plastic “outside” to get to the beautiful “inside.”
Once that’s taken care of, we sometimes have to steam the garments in order to remove creases and wrinkles. I actually like steaming (if I don’t burn myself, that is… steam is HOT!!). I wish I had a steamer at home to reduce dry-cleaning costs.
Once the garment is ready, it is placed on a rack to be wheeled out onto the sales floor and then we hang it up in the appropriate location.
Ta-da!! A new clothing item is now ready for purchase.
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment