I can’t tell you the number of times I have been asked if we have a bathroom. Yes, we do. Of course we do!! Do clients really expect that we work in a place of business for eight-plus hours and not have somewhere to relieve ourselves (both our minds and our bladders)? Only store employees have rights to the store bathroom, though. The nearest public restroom is just 50 feet away, and that appeases most people.
The other nice benefit we have is the use of a microwave in the back room. I only use it on occasion, when my shift is five or more hours. This entitles me to a 30-minute (unpaid) break, during which I usually eat. Do you know how ravenous you can get when standing on your feet for eight hours? Pretty darn hungry!! For those of you in my same situation (and I pray that none of you are), I’ve found that a container of yogurt with sweet granola mixed in hits the spot every time and satisfies me for hours. It’s also a very healthy choice!!
Another super benefit, of course, is The Discount. My menial, hourly salary wouldn’t be worth it otherwise. During a selected number of times each month, employees can receive 50 percent off full-priced items. We also receive 40 percent off all sale-priced items and we also receive 40 percent off at our “sister” stores. It’s quite a deal, considering some items we sell are priced over $250!!
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment