Friday, January 30, 2009

You're in the Navy Now

Is there anyone out there who needs to buy new clothing in navy blue? Let me tell you… January is the month to get your navy on!!

Who knew that navy is the color of choice in the winter months? In my store, it’s referred to as the “resort collection.” The Retail World Gods seem to think that everyone goes on cruises and travels to luxe beaches in the winter.

Besides some of my lucky colleagues who are on a five-day adventure in Cabo San Lucas this week (no, that’s NOT a jealous tone you’re detecting!!), I don’t know a soul who takes the month of January off from work to travel and wear her navy, sailor-type outfits.

Everywhere I look in my store, there is navy. Frankly, I don’t own a single item in this color. It’s not that I don’t like navy blue, but it’s like a first cousin to the color black, and I’d just rather stick with that and keep life simple.

1 comment:

Courtney and the Boys said...

You're such a great writer, my friend. I love reading about all of your experiences in the retail world!

And the Rich Russians Shopping comment had me rolling. So funny!

Have a great weekend! OH! and thanks for the tip about Stir Crazy...Dev said he had heard that they were coming to Indy somewhere, but he didn't know where. We will definitely be visiting there!!

Courtney