Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Go-Backs"

Ever wonder what happens when you’re finished trying on clothes in the fitting room and how these garments make it back to the racks?

The exercise is called “go-backs.” The clothes have to Go Back.

Doing go-backs forces one to understand where clothes are placed in certain areas of the store. I have become so efficient at go-backs that I can clear an entire rack of clothes (30-40 garments) from the fitting room area in less than five minutes.

Nothing is better than when I start a shift and the go-backs have already been cleared by another associate. What’s stressful is when I can’t keep up with go-backs because the store is so incredibly busy (like on Saturdays). Clients are trying on a lot of garments, but not buying them. This creates a lot of go-backs.

Gentle readers, please help me to help you by placing your “unwanteds” on the rack that is located either inside or very near to the fitting room area. We then know these garments are go-backs and we will take the clothes back to their place of origin for the next client to try on. We will also hang them on the hanger in the appropriate manner (yes, we do have a certain way to hang pants!!).

This exercise also helps to clear the fitting rooms. When there is a line of hungry female shoppers who are getting ancy and giving you the Evil Eye, having open fitting rooms is key to everyone’s success. :)

I’m not asking you to hang up in perfection the shirts, pants, sweaters, etc. you tried on. Rather, just walking the two or three extra steps to the go-back rack is so appreciated by us in Retail World... you have no idea.

1 comment:

Courtney and the Boys said...

Dually noted! :) Have a great day!

Court